We all know that beards look badass. Whenever you see a fellow bearder, you find yourself comparing your beard to theirs, and as we all know the bigger beard always has the right of way. A beard shows society, in a way that’s appropriate out in public, that you are a real man. There’s no better way to keep your beard looking great than some of High West’s custom beard oils and balms that are all hand-made right here in America. Have you ever wondered if there are any other benefits to having a hell of a beard besides making you really really ridiculously good looking? Well there are actually plenty of health benefits that come along with growing your man mane. Scroll down and take a look at all the benefits you didn’t even know came with growing your face armor.
1. Beards Can Help Prevent Cancer: A recent study showed that beards can block 95 percent of UV Rays (which can cause skin cancer) from your face. Beards allow less of your face to be exposed to direct sunlight. The thicker the beard the better!
2. Beards Can Help With Allergies: If you suffer from dust or pollen allergies, your beard is your best friend. Your facial hair works as a filter, much like your nose hair does. It cleans up all the dirty pollen and allergen particles and keeps them out of your nose. Breath deep my bearded friends!
3. Beards Keep You Looking Younger: It is commonly held that beards make men look older, it’s really the opposite though. With less sun exposure to your face, your face actually shows less signs of aging than our non-bearded counterparts. Why would you ever not want to have a beard?
4. Beards Can Help Prevent Colds: Winter is coming gentlemen. And with winter, colds are going to be plentiful. Luckily you have a built in face warmer that your father gave you. Beards help insulate your face and keep it warm all winter long. The longer the beard, the warmer you will be so start growing now. And don’t forget to keep that face blanket of yours looking healthy and strong all winter long with some of High West’s best on the market beard products!
5. Beards battle infections: Regular shaving is just generally not good for your skin and can cause ingrown hairs and possibly folliculitis (infection of the hair follicles). Beards as well as High West Beard Products help save your face from scarring and ugly zits.
6. Blemish Free Skin: Shaving wreaks all kinds of havoc on your skin. Not shaving can eliminate many of the blemishes, nicks, cuts, and other unsightly skin problems that accompany regular shaving. Why even worry about any of that? Grow what you were born with!
7. Natural Moisturizer: Beards work as a natural wind deterrent. They keep the cold air and wind off of your skin, which helps prevent your skin from drying out. The sebaceous glands also help to keep your face moistened better when you have a beard. It’s science!
8. Growing A Beard Saves You Time: The professor and chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Boston University School Of Medicine did a study that showed just how long the average male will spend shaving their lifetime. You know what the figure was? The average man will spend 3,350 hours, or 139 days, or 5 months through his life shaving. My beard and I could do some pretty epic stuff in that time.
9. Beards Make Men Feel More Attractive: A German consumer-goods company decided to poll 1,000 men in New York about their facial hair and grooming practices. 67% of the men surveyed said they sport some sort of facial hair, a beard or a mustache. Of those men, over 50% said they feel more attractive with their facial hair. 55% of those men said they have received compliments on their facial hair, while 41% said they have gained confidence from their facial hair. You just feel better with one! Feel even better with some of High West Beard’s amazing products for whatever facial hair style you choose to rock!
10. Having A Beard Increases Your Chances For Getting Laid: According to a 2008 study carried out by psychologists at Northumbria University, “women … rated men with stubble as tough, mature, aggressive, dominant and masculine — and as the best romantic partners, either for a fling or a long-term relationships.” Another quote from the researchers in the Journal of Personality and Individual Differences was that “Facial hair, or beardedness, is a powerful sociosexual signal, and an obvious biological marker of sexual maturity.”
I think it’s pretty safe to say that having a beard is better than not having one, and that was before finding out these health benefits of having a beard. Now that I know that my beard is actually improving my health, I don’t think I could ever get rid of it. And why would you want to, especially when High West Beard has you covered with the industries best beard care products. Treat your face the way it wants to be treated. Don’t shave, and use High West Beard products.